Terms & Conditions for HughesNet Gen5 Upgrades
Standard 24-Month Commitment Upgrade
3/16/17 General Terms & Conditions:
By selecting this offer, you agree to a new 24-month Service Agreement. If there is any remaining term on your existing HughesNet® service, the Early Termination Fee will be waived. The following Terms & Conditions apply, and you must agree to the terms of the 24-month Service Agreement at the time of order.
- The new 24-month term begins on the date of equipment and service upgrade to HughesNet Gen5.
- If you cancel HughesNet service before the end of your 24-month Service Agreement, you will be charged a Service Termination Fee of up to $400. The exact amount of the Service Termination Fee will be $400 for the first ninety (90) days after activation of the HughesNet Service. Thereafter, the amount will decrease by $15 per month for each month of active Service.
- If you have selected the Lease option, you may be billed $14.99 per month (plus applicable taxes) for the leased equipment. Should you discontinue HughesNet service, you will be responsible for returning the leased modem, radio, and power supply to avoid unreturned equipment fees of up to $300.
- The HughesNet Gen5 Service is designed to deliver download speeds of 25 Mbps and upload speeds of 3 Mbps, but individual customers may experience different speeds at different times of the day. Speeds and uninterrupted use are not guaranteed and may vary based on a variety of factors including: the configuration of the user’s computer, the number of concurrent users, network or Internet congestion, the capabilities and content of the Websites being accessed, network management practices as deemed necessary, and other factors. When connected to the HughesNet Gen5 Service using Wi-Fi, the user’s experience will vary based on the proximity to the Wi-Fi source and the strength of the signal. Usage is subject to the Fair Access Policy. Visit legal.hughesnet.com.
- All Gen5 Service Plans feature a video data saver to maximize the user’s data allowance. With the video data saver feature, streaming is optimized with video streams at DVD quality (up to 480p). The user should leave any video streaming applications at their default automatic resolution setting to optimize data usage. Most video services are supported. Not all video sources are identifiable.
- All Gen5 Service Plans feature the no hard data limits where the user can continue to use the HughesNet Gen5 Service without being charged for additional data usage. If a user uses more data than is provided in the monthly plan, he or she will experience reduced data speeds, until their next billing period. Reduced speeds may be as low as or lower than 1 Mbps and may cause Websites to load more slowly or affect the performance of certain activities such as video streaming or large downloads/uploads.