HughesNet® offers the following options to movers.
Lease or Purchase Move Options
- There is no charge for standard relocation installation. You will be responsible for all non-standard installation charges.
- There is a $99 activation fee if you lease your equipment. If you Purchased your equipment, there is a one-time charge of $449.99 for the equipment and installation.
- The new 24-month term begins on the date of equipment and service activation at the new address.
- If you cancel HughesNet service before the end of your 24-month Service Agreement, you will be charged a Service Termination Fee of up to $400. The exact amount of the Service Termination Fee will be $400 for the first 90 days after activation of the HughesNet Service at the new address. Thereafter, the amount will decrease by $15 per month for each month of active Service.
- Your service plan pricing will stay the same or be lowered to the current new customer offer in your area.
- You must bring your current modem and power supply when you move to the new address or you will incur a $199 fee for a new modem and power supply.
- You will keep your existing account number and HughesNet email addresses.
- If you are a Dish Recovery Act or Hughes Recovery Act customer, you waive your guaranteed five-year monthly service fee.
- If you have leased the HughesNet Equipment, you will continue to be billed for the leased Equipment. Should you discontinue HughesNet service, you will be responsible for returning the leased modem, radio, and power supply in good condition within 45 days of cancellation to avoid unreturned equipment fees of up to $300.
- HughesNet Gen4 service does not include, nor does it require, a wireless router. If you would like to set up Wi-Fi in your home, you may purchase a wireless router from any major electronics retailer. The Wired and Wireless Home Network setup is not included in Gen4 Standard Installation. HughesNet Gen5 service does include a modem with built-in Wi-Fi. Setup includes the connection of up to 2 devices. Additional Wired and Wireless Home Network setup is not included with service Installation.
When you connect to the Internet using HughesNet, the upload and download speeds you experience will vary based on a variety of factors including the configuration of your computer, the number of concurrent users, network or Internet congestion, the speed of the Websites you are accessing, and other factors. Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. During peak hours, actual upload and download speeds may vary. Usage is subject to the Fair Access Policy. Visit legal.hughesnet.com.